Friday, November 03, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day#2 (13,035/50,000)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I wrote nearly 7,000 words today, so it wasn't a bad day! The story is unfolding beautifully! It has a mind of it's own. Which, is good, considering it's an accumulation of all my wild "Damsel in distress/come rescue me" fantasies!
Snippet:
"I see." I said softly and almost told them that I’d been to all those places, some of them many times over. Almost. "Lovely choices all of them. But I wanted to come here for a bit of art and culture. You know, see the neon lights of broadway?"
"Have you seen them?" Molly asked with a giggle.
"Well, no actually. Not yet."
"Oh, well you should! But shows are expensive...." her voice trailed off and Gillian shook her head.
"You’ve never been to one Molly."
"No, I haven’t" She agreed and sighed softly. "They are expensive." her voice dropped again and I watched them both with interest.
"Never?" I asked gently and she shook her head ‘no.’ "Off Broadway?"
"No."
"Well we’ll do that." I said with finality and finished my glass of wine, which was quickly refilled by Gillian. "Pick a show and we’ll go."
"Ha. Likely not but thank you for the offer." She replied, her voice holding a bit of a bitter edge to it which caught me off guard.
"Why do you say that lass?" I asked setting the wine back down and reaching to touch her hand. She pulled it away quickly and clutched it with her other hand. Gillian even seemed concerned by her sudden defensiveness.
"Molly?" she asked softly and reached for those hands, grasping the both tightly. "Molly look at me..." her voice changed to hold a firm yet tender note to it and I blinked. "Molly.." she repeated and ducked her head to catch Molly’s eyes. "Did you bring them?" she asked more quietly and Molly jerked her hands away and uttered a nasty word. "Molly..." Gillian said again then sighed and reached into her jacket pocket, pulling out a little brown pharmacy bottle of pills. "Take two." she said handing two blue pills over to the now trembling red head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home