Tuesday, November 07, 2006

NaNoWriMo Update (20,116/50,000) Day 7

I discovered word wars with fellow MSNers..

And I discovered I kick ass! I beat them in every war by about 200 words. Go me! (hey..it was a good day, I can brag!)

Here's a wee snippet:

"I’ll bet you have." She muttered but was slipping from her seat, her hand coming to grasp mine and pull me with her. "Come, dance with me." she said and pulled her jacket off. I glanced at Lucas and Gillian and shrugged, tugging my own coat off as well.
"I guess we’ll be dancing." I said as Molly started to tug me away. "See you in a little bit." I called back over my shoulder and followed her onto the dance floor. It was as crowded as the rest of the place and she leaned into me as I rested my hands on her hips and let her start the rhythm. She was as good a dancer as she was at the violin. As she was at anything she set her mind to really. My hands on her waist and hips and her body rocking rhythmically close to mine has a way of making it hard to think. I closed my eyes and just felt her closeness, the scent of her hair as she leaned in closer to me. The feel of her hands on my arms, my shoulder. She was a foot shorter than me and her head came just under my chin. The heat of her as she danced making her scent rise up coyly to my nose.
It was the sweetest agony I’d felt in a long time. Like a pleasant torment. I kept my eyes closed. I could tell she was upset but I didn’t ask why. I just let her dance, kept her near. Held her. She was mine in this moment.
I wanted her to be mine for always. This was becoming painfully obvious. When the song ended she pulled away and looked up at me, her face red with the exertion of the dance, her eyes sparkling and haunted at the same time. "Thanks" she whispered and I nodded.
"Dance again?" I asked her and she said yes.
The music started again and I pulled he back to me, and went back to that place where she belonged to me and only to me.
When the next song ended we danced to four more. Finally she pulled away laughing and wiping sweat off her brow. "I need a drink." She grinned and I nodded. "Then shall we go to the bar?" I asked and she didn’t answer, just pulled me over.
"Rum and coke, light on the rum?" she ordered and turned to me.
"The same but make mine heavier on the rum." The bartender nodded and went to fix our drinks and Molly leaned back against the bar, arching back as she let her breathing slow.
"That was fun!" she exclaimed and I grinned and leaned down to press my lips to her temple. I could feel the rapid beat of her heart against my lips, her pulse and I pulled back agian.
"It was. You can dance girl!"
"Yeah, so can you!" she winked and took a deep drink of the beverage that was handed to her. "I don’t get to dance much."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home